Plan an Event
Fundraisers are a great way for your organization, company, or group of friends to help the families we serve. In addition, your event will promote awareness of ichthyosis in your community and bring friends, families and other FIRST members in your area together.
The FIRST staff is here to help you organize, promote and plan your event, every step of the way!
Whether you raise $5 or $5,000, the important thing is that you raised awareness of ichthyosis in your community. This awareness helps our members feel more comfortable and understood at school, in the workplace and all-around town. The hardest part to a fundraising event is just getting started and that’s where we come in. Contact FIRST to start brainstorming about your event today!
Let’s Get This Party Started
The ways to fundraise are endless. Consider a bake sale, golf outing, dress-down day at work, FIRST Night Out with your local professional sports team or one of your own unique ideas. Click here to view a pdf file of the Grassroots Fundraising Guide.
Want more information or to start brainstorming about your event? Contact Denise Gass.
Already have an event in mind? Fill out these event forms and send them to Denise Gass for FIRST’s approval, so FIRST has it on record, can confirm the event represents FIRST in a positive way, we can promote it via our website and social media groups.
When your event has ended, make sure to send us a photo of your event to be considered for our website or Ichthyosis Focus! Please send photos to the FIRST office.
Why Raise Funds?
Every single dollar helps FIRST to offer the programs, resources, and opportunities to connect that so many families depend upon. Your contribution will help provide hope for our families in knowing that there is an organization solely to support and unite the ichthyosis community.
Here are some of our recent accomplishments, all thanks to your generous donations and support.
- 11 FIRST Connects and FIRST to Know calls or videos were held in 2020
- 8 patient support meetings were held in 2019 with approximately 150 members from across the county gathering to meet with medical experts and develop connections with other individuals and families affected with ichthyosis
- 28 more families were able to attend the 2018 National Conference in June of 2018 thanks to donations made to the National Conference Scholarship fund.
- 11 FIRST to Know patient support conference calls were held during 2017, ranging from guidance for grandparents of those affected, to understanding occupational therapy, to how to navigate your way through health insurance.
- 10 patient support meetings were held in 2017 where nearly 300 members across the country could speak with medical experts, make new friends, and find new information regarding caring for their condition.