Mariya's Product Suggestions
As with any new product, please consult your physician before trying it.
Hi there! I’d love to give a few skincare tips that have helped my skin clear up significantly and stay clear for the last 15 years.
- During a warm shower let the room steam up (don’t turn the fan on)
- Use a microdermmit to exfoliate skin while in the shower
- Pat towel dry and apply: Dermal Therapy alpha hydroxy lotion all over your body. Then go over it with petroleum jelly to lock it in.
- For my face I use Eucerin intensive repair cream followed by petroleum jelly as well.
- For sunscreen I’ve found that Dermalogica dynamic skin recovery is best and doesn’t dry out my face
- Hope this helps! I do this everyday and it’s a huge help! I will always have scales but live a comfortable life and have even opened up some sweat glands using this method which has helped during the summer.Exfoliating pad in shower: MicrodermaMitts exfoliating body mitt
Body lotion: Dermal Therapy Alpha Hydroxy High Potency Lotion
Face lotion: Eucerin Intensive Repair Body Lotion for Very Dry Skin
Lock it all in with: Vaseline Petroleum jelly
Face Sunscreen: Dermalogica Age Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50
Body sunscreen: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Nutritive Oil SPF 50
This information is provided as a service to patients and parents of patients who have ichthyosis. It is not intended to supplement appropriate medical care, but instead to complement that care with guidance in practical issues facing patients and parents. Neither FIRST, its Board of Directors, Medical & Scientific Advisory Board, Board of Medical Editors, nor Foundation staff and officials endorse any treatments or products reported here. All issues pertaining to the care of patients with ichthyosis should be discussed with a dermatologist experienced in the treatment of their skin disorder.