Diya & Aliya’s Friends (DAF) Fund
The Diya & Aliya Fund has provided 121 awards to 84 individual children from 30 countries around the world totalling $30,835 since its inception in 2014.
FIRST and the Shahnaz Kraybill family realize that the fight against ichthyosis is not only medical but also financial. As families of affected children maintain their daily routine of treatments, it can become complicated by the ongoing costs of medical supplies and other comforting aids and procedures.
Thanks to the generosity of the Shahnaz Kraybill family and their family and friends, (Aliya, affected with ichthyosis, her sister, Diya, and their parents Durreen and Robert), FIRST has established the Diya & Aliya's Friends (DAF) Fund to help alleviate some of the financial burden that may be facing families with affected children. This special fund is available for children under the age of 18 years around the world affected with ichthyosis and is intended to provide financial assistance to purchase lotions, medicine, and treatment necessities.
Aliya recently had an article published in The Strait Times.
Diya & Aliya Fund Testimonials
Finally, my message to the donors. Your donations draw smiles on our children faces. If you do not see it or feel it, we feel it and we see it on our children faces. Continue your donations to FIRST. You and FIRST are the drawers of happiness on the children faces all over the world.
- I would like to thank the Diya & Aliya Friends Fund for the support they have rendered to me and my family. We received the award with great thanks and words cannot express how we feel about this help in order for us to buy medicine for our little boy suffering from this skin disorder. I am an ichhyosis parent to my little boy based in Zambia and we are so grateful that we shall now [be able] to buy the creams needed for our boy.
- Thank you so much for the Funds. I have received it. This will help me much in treating my children. I, my wife and my children thank you a lot and hope you all the best.
- Thank you very much, we got the money and we are most grateful to FIRST and the whole team.
- I would like to thank the donors and all of you who involved in this amazing funding program to help us around the world.
- Great morning. I'm so happy and thankful that you have grant my request for my daughter. This is a big help for her maintenance. I sincerly want to extend my thanks to you and to the Foundation.
To apply for an award, please complete the DAF application form, which can be downloaded via the links below, and submit a photograph and a doctor's note.
All forms must be completed in English and submitted to the FIRST office. Individual awards will not exceed $300.00. Applications will be awarded two times per year; all applications must be received by April 30 or October 31 each year to be considered for each cycle. Applicants will be eligible to receive one award every two years. Applicants receiving funds from other FIRST Skin Care Funds, will not be eligible to also receive funds from the Diya & Aliya Friends Fund.
This fund is available to affected children from around the world. Two-thirds of the fund disbursements have been designated for non-US families; the other one-third is designated, but not limited, to US families. You will be contacted by the FIRST office if you have been awarded funding.
The application can be downloaded below and emailed to Lisa Breuning at the national office at firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 215-997-9403, or mailed to the attention of:
Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types, Inc. ® (FIRST)
Diya & Aliya's Friends (DAF) Fund
PO Box 1067
Lansdale, PA 19446-0687
Countries served through Diya & Aliya Fund
Diya & Aliya Friends Fund APPLICATION International Download Here Diya & Aliya Friends Fund application USA Download Here
Use this option to donate to the Diya & Aliya Fund using PayPal