UFIRST Scholars Program
The UFIRST SCHOLARS Program was established in 2010 by a seed gift from Valerie & David Scholl. The Scholls are grandparents to an affected granddaughter who wanted to provide an opportunity for affected students to advance their post-secondary, graduate or vocational education in partnership with FIRST. Their inspiration is to provide the opportunity for students affected with a form of ichthyosis or related skin type to achieve their highest educational potential. Other donors are encouraged to contribute to the fund to help grow its capacity.
Thanks for a generous grant from Beiersdorf, Inc. FIRST is pleased to announce that the UFIRST Scholarship Applications will be opened for a brief period this fall.
Five applicants will be awarded up to $5,000 to further their post-secondary and vocational educational pursuits.
How to Apply
Applications for Fall 2023 ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED
The deadline to apply is November 22, 2023.
- Faxes and online applications will be accepted.
- Scholarship winners will be notified in December 2023.
- Eligible candidates are individuals affected with some form of ichthyosis or a related skin type, seeking post-secondary or graduate education at an accredited university, college, junior college, or trade school.
- Qualified applicants may apply throughout the duration of their education career; however, a new application is required every year and proven success in previous year(s) will be required to be considered for future funding.
- Funds can be used for school tuition and/or fees. All monies for tuition and/or fees are paid directly to the institution.
- Participation in FIRST activities, communication with the national office, and advocating in your local community strengthens your application.
- The scholarship application MUST be completed by the student - not the parent. All communications regarding this application should be initiated by the student applicant.
A committee of volunteers will evaluate each scholarship application based on the following criteria:
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS AND ASSOCIATED MATERIALS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
emailed to email@example.com
or faxed to 215-997-9403
or mailed to
ATTN: UFIRST Application
PO Box 1067, Lansdale, PA 19446-0687