United Way or CFC Programs
Donating to FIRST through the United Way or Combined Federal Campaign is an easy and convenient way to support the important work of the Foundation. Depending on your pay schedule, a small deduction of $5.00 per paycheck can add up to over $200 per year for the Foundation. It's simple and convenient and can really make a difference.
The United Way of America is the national organization dedicated to leading the United Way movement in making a measurable impact in every community across America. The United Way movement includes approximately 1,400 community-based United Way organizations. Each is independent, separately incorporated, and governed by local volunteers. The Foundation for Ichthyosis is the recipient of funds from many of the United Way community-based organizations. Through the Donor Choice Program, you can designate all or a portion of your donation to the Foundation. Simply write in "Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types, Inc.®" or our tax id #94-2738019 on the Donor Choice Option form, and your gift will be sent to our office. Be sure to include our current mailing address and phone number: FIRST, PO Box 1067, Lansdale, PA 19446-0687 • 215-997-9400 • 800-545-3286.
The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is the annual fund-raising drive conducted by federal employees in their workplace each fall. Federal employees and military personnel raise millions of dollars each year through the CFC to benefit thousands of non-profit charities. The Foundation is the recipient of funds from many CFC organizations throughout the country. FIRST's CFC code is #10322, which is listed in the charitable organizations directory. Contact your Human Resources Department to find out how you can support the Foundation using United Way or Combined Federal Campaign.
Required Fundraising Disclosure Statements
A copy of the latest financial report, registration filed by this organization and a description of our programs and activities may be obtained by contacting us at: Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types, Inc. (FIRST), PO Box 1067, Lansdale, PA 19446-0687. If you are a resident of one of the following states, you may obtain financial information directly from the state agency.
- Florida – A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATES, 800-435-7352 (800-HELP-FLA) OR BY VISITING www.800helpfla.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Florida Registration #CH18628
- Georgia – A full and fair description of our programs and our financial statement summary is available upon request at our office and phone number indicated above.
- Colorado – Colorado residents may obtain copies of registration and financial documents from the office of the Secretary of State, 303-894-2860, www.sos.state.co.us/ Reg. No. 20053003387
- Maryland – For the cost of copies and postage, from the Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.
- Michigan – MICS #28598
- Mississippi – The official registration and financial information of Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types, Inc. (FIRST) may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement.
- New Jersey – INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING 973-504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT: http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm. REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.
- New York – Upon Request, Attorney General Charities Bureau, 102 Broadway, New York, NY 10271
- North Carolina – Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available for the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 919-807-2214. This is not an endorsement by the state.
- Pennsylvania – The official registration and financial information of Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types, Inc. (FIRST) may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania 800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
- Virginia – State Division of Consumer Affairs, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PO Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
- Washington – This organization is currently registered with the secretary's office under the charitable solicitation act - call 1-800-332-4483
- West Virginia – West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents form the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305