FIRST Offers New Financial Aid Opportunity
FIRST recognizes that our members may sometimes have a tough time navigating through the emotional, psychological, and the logistical pressures of life associated with being affected with ichthyosis. Maybe financial stress can add to that stress making things feel almost impossible. How do you purchase your medical needs if prices seem to continuously increase, especially if you are barely making it now? FIRST IS OFFERING HELP.
FIRST would like to introduce “FIRST-Aid”. FIRST-Aid is our new program which was created to help provide meaningful support to individuals affected with ichthyosis in the management of their skin.
What does that mean? In short, it’s a grant that can help you with your skin care needs.
OK. I’m interested. How can I receive that grant? First, you need to review the criteria below to see if you or your loved one qualifies. Next, submit an application available from the link below.
This is an annual grant that can be provided to any member who meets the qualifications. It is also possible to nominate a person or persons who you feel may benefit from FIRST-Aid. Email the FIRST office via this link to nominate a person or persons and the staff will send them an application to complete.
This grant is solely dependent on the availability of funds. Maybe you don’t have the financial need that we spoke about. Maybe you are able to help those who are in need. If you would like to become a donor of the FIRST-Aid fund, please click the link provided here. Every little bit will help another member.
If you have any questions or need additional information or a clarification, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We at FIRST hope that this fund becomes a meaningful and substantial help to those affected with ichthyosis and we understand that, sometimes when it hurts, you need some FIRST-Aid.
Guidelines and Application Criteria
- Individuals affected with some form of ichthyosis or a related skin type are eligible.
- Qualified applicants will be:
- engaged as a donor member of the FIRST community prior to applying for funding.
- responsible for providing substantiation for expenses incurred within 9 months of the award
- required to share a testimonial to FIRST for publicizing and fundraising marketing (can be anonymous, if preferred).
- Demonstrate financial need providing tax return information
- Funding recipients will be eligible to apply for additional funding after one year.
- Funding award amounts will be based solely on the amount available in the fund.
- Applicants will not be awarded future funding if proper expense documentation was not provided from previous funding.
- International applications will not be considered if the individual is on the Treasury Department SDN list or from a country on the OFAC listing where sanctions preclude funding.
How to Apply
Applications are made available during two application cycles each year. The deadline dates for each cycle are January 31 and July 31 of each year. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
A committee of volunteers evaluates each application based on the following criteria:
- Financial Need
- FIRST Involvement