Tips for Staying Cool in The Heat
In our Parent’s group, we received a lot of great suggestions on how to enjoy a night out when it’s super-hot. These were listed specifically for an outdoor concert, but a lot of these tips apply for any event in the heat.
- Get a form from the venue stating that you are allowed to bring in a cooler with ice packs & extra water bottles, Pedia-lyte packets, etc.
- Talk to a manager, ahead of time about the possibility of needing a space to cool down and ask them about the possibility of accommodations for overheating.
- Utilize a handicap placard.
- Find a shady spot inside and outside the venue.
- Wet and re-wet your clothing. Wear a bandana or a big hat and a light cotton shirt and soak them in cold water throughout.
- Drink a lot of cold water.
- Locate the First Aid center, they are usually air conditioned.
Some great cooling products that were recommended:
- Cooling vest
- Coolify Neck Fan
- Coolibar Clothing
- Water Mister
- Pre-soaked Frogg Togg towel kept in a gallon baggie with water, inside a cooler.
- Spray mist bottle
- Mission cooling towel
- Freezer dress
Stay cool, but more importantly have FUN!