Clinical Trials & Patient Recruitment Opportunities
Interested in Partnering with FIRST for Patient Recruitment?
Partnering with patients, and their advocates, has become the cornerstone of research in the field of rare disease. Currently many families and individuals in the FIRST community, affected with ichthyosis or a related skin type, are enthusiastically participating in clinical trials, behavioral studies, product sampling, member surveys and more. And by partnering with the FIRST community, product developers and medical investigators have a more direct opportunity to finding the key to acceleration for better treatments and eventual cures.
Current Patient Recruitment Opportunities
- TMB-001 FOR THE TREATMENT OF CONGENITAL ICHTHYOSIS
- KB105 FOR ADULTS WITH ARCI
- REFLECT STUDY
- FEMALE CARRIERS OF GENETIC CHANGES ASSOCIATED WITH X-LINKED ICHTHYOSIS
- MENTAL HEALTH AND QUALITY OF LIFE IN ICHTHYOSIS
- NEW ICHTHYOSIS VULGARIS STUDY
- SKIN REDNESS STUDY (Study Closed)
- LAMELLAR/X-LINKED STUDY (Study Closed)
San Antonio / San Diego / Chicago / New Haven / Philadelphia
- NS2 COMPOUND FOR SJOGREN-LARSSON SYNDROME (Study Closed)
- ITCH STUDY
Miami Itch Center - University of Miami
- GENE DISCOVERY OPPORTUNITY
- STUDY FOR SJOGREN-LARSSON SYNDROME
Omaha, NE / Portland, OR / Pittsburgh, PA
- HARLEQUIN ICHTHYOSIS MEDICAL RECORDS STUDY
Boston Children's Hospital
- DARIER-WHITE / HAILEY-HAILEY DISEASE
Indiana University Research Center
The National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences division of NIH offers a toolkit for understanding the clinical trial process. Visit their website via this link to access the toolkit.