UFIRST Scholars Program
The UFIRST SCHOLARS Program was established in 2010 by a seed gift from Valerie & David Scholl. The Scholls are grandparents to an affected granddaughter who wanted to provide an opportunity for affected students to advance their post-secondary education in partnership with FIRST. Their inspiration is to provide the opportunity for students affected with a form of ichthyosis or related skin type to achieve their highest educational potential. Other donors are encouraged to contribute to the fund to help grow its capacity.
How to Apply
- Applications for 2017 are now closed. Applications for 2018 will be accepted from February 1 - March 31, 2018.
- Faxes and online applications will be accepted.
- Scholarship winners will be notified in May.
- Eligible candidates are individuals affected with some form of ichthyosis or a related skin type, seeking post-secondary education at an accredited university, college, junior college, or trade school.
- Qualified applicants may apply throughout the duration of their education career; however, a new application is required every year and proven success in previous year(s) will be required to be considered for future funding.
- Funds can be used for school tuition and/or fees. All monies for tuition and/or fees are paid directly to the institution.
- Participation in FIRST activities, communication with the national office, and advocating in your local community strenghtens your application.
A committee of volunteers will evaluate each scholarship application based on the following criteria:
|The deadline to submit an application for 2017 has passed. Applications are no loner being accepted for 2017. Applications for 2018 will be accepted from February 1 - March 31, 2018.|