Providence Financial Aid
National Conference Financial Aid
*** THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR FINANCIAL AID TO ATTEND THE 2022 NATIONAL CONFERENCE HAS NOW CLOSED. ***
Two separate scholarship funds were available for families to apply for financial assistance to attend the FIRST National Conference-Providence.
Conference participants needing financial assistance are encouraged to apply for funding from both financial aid funds since there is only one award for the Stephanie Turner scholarship. The recipient of the Stephanie Turner scholarship will be awarded by February 15, 2022. That recipient will then have their application removed from consideration for the FIRST National Conference Financial Aid fund.
*Do not complete registration forms to attend the conference if you are requesting financial assistance. Applications will be dated upon receipt and the registration rates applicable when your application is received will be applied after the process has been completed.
Stephanie Turner ScholarshipIn honor of our dear friend Stephanie Turner, a beacon of hope and inspiration to all those in the ichthyosis community, a scholarship, sponsored by a generous and compassionate family in the FIRST community, will be awarded for $1,000. The scholarship my be used toward conference costs of travel, registration and hotel for one family or individual.
FIRST National Conference Financial Aid Applications
Applications for Conference Financial Aid ARE NOW CLOSED. Award recipients have been notified regarding award decisions.
Eligibility for Applicants:
- Based upon availability of funds, priority will be given to applicants who clearly demonstrate a need for financial assistance based upon income and family circumstances. All applications will be strictly confidential.
Disbursement of Funds:
- Based on the type of award, the recipients will be reimbursed at the conference, either on the last day or mailed to them immediately after the event. If awarded registration fees, the awarded fees will be waived when you submit your completed registration form.
- The award recipients must bring receipts for reimbursement; no costs will be reimbursed without written proof.
- The application cycle to apply for Financial Aid to attend the 2022 National Conference-Providence was open from October 1, 2021 through February 1, 2022.
Applications can be emailed to Lisa Breuning, firstname.lastname@example.org.
or faxed to: 215-997-9403
or mailed to:
ATTN: National Conference Financial Aid Fund
PO Box 1067, Lansdale, PA 19446-0687
- Applications must be submitted with:
1. Confirmation of hotel reservation
2. Copy of most recent IRS Form 1040
3. W9 or W8-BEN form
- Information provided will only be used for the FIRST National Conference and remain confidential.
Conference date & location:
Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
801 Greenwich Drive
Warwick, RI 02886