Christopher Boynton Travels to DC for Advocacy
Christopher Boynton, along with The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and The Coalition of Skin Diseases (CSD) travelled to our nation's capital as a part of the AADA Legislative Conference. He advocated for our ichthyosis and related skin types members all week long.
The asks were:
- Fund the NIH budget at $49 billion, up from 46.
- Fund the Chronic Disease Education and Awareness Program at the CDC at $6 million. This program makes grants to groups representing conditions (not already receiving support) to fund awareness programs.
- To please cosponsor and work to advance the Pharmacy Benefit° Manager Transparency Act of 2022 S.4293.
- The Safe Step Act S 464/HR 2163 - Step Therapy practices require patients to try and fail one or more treatments before the insurer will cover the treatment originally prescribed, delaying proper treatment and worsening health outcomes.
- Please cosponsor and work to advance the HELP Copays Act HR 5801-requires health insurance plans to apply certain payments made by, or on behalf of, a plan enrollees toward a plan's cost-sharing requirements
The Coalition of Skin Disorders