FIRST to Know Conference Calls
Have you been on a FIRST to Know Call? It's a great way to connect...
Why Join A FIRST to Know Call?
Sharing tips, stories and challenges with others, makes living with ichthyosis just a little bit easier. The FIRST to Know calls are a great way to “meet” other families and individuals. Each call is centered on a topic or subject, and lasts for one hour. You can decide which call is interesting to you and phone in. You can be an active participant, or call in and listen to what others are saying. All calls are held at 8:00 PM Eastern Time. Do you have an idea for a FIRST to Know topic? Contact the FIRST office via email or by telephone at 1-800-545-3286.
The past FIRST to Know conference calls have been well received by our members. It is wonderful to have individuals talking to one another, sharing tips, and sharing stories and challenges. There have been requests from our membership to add disease-specific calls to the calendar. This is a great way to "meet" other families with the same ichthyosis type. Dates and topics have been designated for the next series of FIRST to Know conference calls. All calls are held in Eastern time. We now have the opportunity to participate in video calls. So you can either call in on your phone, or video call from your smart phone or a computer.
To participate in a call, simply click the link next to each call to register for that call. You will then receive an email with the call-in information.
FIRST to Know
Tips on how to make the most of the FIRST to Know Call
- Call from a quiet location.
- Don't put your phone on hold if you have on-hold music or advertisements, as this will play back into the conference room.
- Disable your phone's call waiting (by dialing *70 before the conference number), otherwise the beeping may disrupt the call.
- Consider keeping your phone on mute (by pressing *6) to keep out extraneous background noise.
- You'll want to have as strong a connection to the conference as possible. For example, a landline will sound better than a cell phone or VoIP line.
FIRST to Know: Marc Benedetto, NYPD - November 2, 2020
Ichthyosis & Adoption - October 5, 2020
Ichthyosis & Activities - August 27, 2020
Ichthyosis & School - August 3, 2020
What's New in Ichthyosis Research? - May 21, 2020
Ichthyosis & COVID-19 - March 18, 2020