Other Ways to Help
The Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types relies on your help to serve the the ichthyosis community.
We can't do it without you, and we're asking for your help. There are many ways for you to support us in our mission. Whether you are an individual, a company, or even a group of friends, there are several ways you can get involved!
How to help?
There are many ways to contribute to the mission of the Foundation. Click on the links below or contact the national office for additional information about the options below.
- Make a Donation Online
- Donate Through PayPal
- Donate Stock Stock that has appreciated can be donated and you can claim the full value of the donation without paying any capital gains tax on the appreciation.
- Consider Planned Giving The opportunities for charitable gifts to FIRST include, securities, tangible assets and bequests.
- Send in a donation by mail Our mailing address is:
2616 N. Broad Street
Colmar, PA 18915
[download donation form to print out]
- Contact the FIRST office Our toll-free number is: 800.545.3286
Inquire about donating stock, planned giving, donating products.
Why raise funds?
The Foundation's ichthyosis-related programs, services, and resources are made possible because of support from many generous donors and friends. These contributions are the lifeline for FIRST, enabling us to provide greater awareness, emotional support, information, advocacy, and research for those affected by ichthyosis and the related skin types.
Other ways to support FIRST
Required Fundraising Disclosure Statements
A copy of the latest financial report, registration filed by this organization and a description of our programs and activities may be obtained by contacting us at: Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types, Inc. (FIRST), 2616 N. Broad Street, Colmar, PA 18915. If you are a resident of one of the following states, you may obtain financial information directly from the state agency.
- Florida – A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATES, 800-435-7352 (800-HELP-FLA) OR BY VISITING www.800helpfla.com. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. Florida Registration #CH18628
- Georgia – A full and fair description of our programs and our financial statement summary is available upon request at our office and phone number indicated above.
- Colorado – Colorado residents may obtain copies of registration and financial documents from the office of the Secretary of State, 303-894-2860, www.sos.state.co.us/ Reg. No. 20053003387
- Maryland – For the cost of copies and postage, from the Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.
- Michigan – MICS #28598
- Mississippi – The official registration and financial information of Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types, Inc. (FIRST) may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement.
- New Jersey – INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING 973-504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT: http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm. REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.
- New York – Upon Request, Attorney General Charities Bureau, 102 Broadway, New York, NY 10271
- North Carolina – Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available for the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 919-807-2214. This is not an endorsement by the state.
- Pennsylvania – The official registration and financial information of Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types, Inc. (FIRST) may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania 800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
- Virginia – State Division of Consumer Affairs, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PO Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
- Washington – This organization is currently registered with the secretary's office under the charitable solicitation act - call 1-800-332-4483
- West Virginia – West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents form the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305