FIRST officially launched its own Research Grant Program in early 2006. Our grant program promotes and strengthens investigation into the causes, treatments, and potential cures for ichthyosis. With the adoption of this program, the Foundation manages the entire program through the national office. Guided by the Foundation's Research Committee, which is comprised of knowledgeable physicians, scientists, and Foundation leaders, the office administers the annual granting program. Surveys of the ichthyosis community, specifically individuals affected with ichthyosis and their families, have indicated that research is their primary area of interest and their top priority for funds donated to the Foundation. In response to this, the Foundation has initiated this program to promote promising avenues of research by investigators who have a new or established interest in ichthyosis.
2013 Research Grant Application Packet
Request for Proposals 2013
The Foundation for Ichthyosis & Related Skin Types, Inc. announces the 2013 research grant program to encourage and support investigation into the causes, treatments, and potential cures for ichthyosis. Letters of Intent will be accepted for detailed investigations.
- Research Priorities
- Guidelines for Submission of Proposals
- Proposal Application Forms (see list of forms in Table of Contents, page 2)
- Terms and Conditions of Awards
Schedule for Applications:
- Letter of Intent deadline for FY 2013 is February 20, 2013.
- The application deadline for FY 2013 is March 27, 2013.
- 2013 award announcements will be made on July 1, 2013.
- Funds available September 2, 2013.
« Back to Previous Page