UFIRST Scholars Program
The UFIRST SCHOLARS Program was established in 2010 by a seed gift from Valerie & David Scholl. The Scholls are grandparents to an affected granddaughter who wanted to provide an opportunity for affected students to advance their post-secondary education in partnership with FIRST. Their inspiration is to provide the opportunity for students affected with a form of ichthyosis or related skin type to achieve their highest educational potential. Other donors are encouraged to contribute to the fund to help grow its capacity.
How to Apply
The application period for 2018 has ended. Applications for 2019 will be accepted from February 1 - March 31, 2019.
- Faxes and online applications will be accepted.
- Scholarship winners will be notified in May.
- Eligible candidates are individuals affected with some form of ichthyosis or a related skin type, seeking post-secondary education at an accredited university, college, junior college, or trade school.
- Qualified applicants may apply throughout the duration of their education career; however, a new application is required every year and proven success in previous year(s) will be required to be considered for future funding.
- Funds can be used for school tuition and/or fees. All monies for tuition and/or fees are paid directly to the institution.
- Participation in FIRST activities, communication with the national office, and advocating in your local community strenghtens your application.
A committee of volunteers will evaluate each scholarship application based on the following criteria:
|Applications for 2018 are no longer being accepted.|