The American Academy of Dermatology’s (AAD) Camp Discovery program is for children ages 8-16 who have a chronic skin disease.
Under the expert care of dermatologists and nurses, Camp Discovery gives campers the opportunity to spend a week with other young people with skin conditions having fun and participating in activities such as swimming, horseback riding, arts and crafts and many more.
There is no fee to attend, all costs, including transportation, are provided by the AAD through generous donations from its members, outside organizations and individuals. All campers must be initially referred by their dermatologist.
This year the Academy is proud to offer five camping sessions:
- Crosslake, Minnesota – June 18-23, 2017, for children ages 8-13
- Crosslake, Minnesota – July 2-7, 2017, for children ages 14-16
- Burton, Texas – August 6-11, 2017, for children ages 8-16
- Millville, Pennsylvania – August 12-18, 2017, for children ages 8-16
- Andover, Connecticut – August 13-19, 2017, for children ages 8-16