The American Academy of Dermatology’s (AAD) Camp Discovery program is for children ages 8-16 who have a chronic skin condition.
Under the expert care of dermatologists and nurses, Camp Discovery gives campers the opportunity to spend a week with other young people with skin conditions as well, having fun and participating in lots of activities such as swimming, archery, horseback riding, arts and crafts, etc.
There is no fee to attend, all costs, including air transportation (if necessary), are provided by the AAD through generous donations from its members, outside organizations and individuals. All campers must be initially referred by their dermatologist and the form is available on the Camp Discovery home page,
This year the Academy is proud to offer five camping sessions:
- Crosslake, Minnesota – June 21 - 26, 2020, for children ages 8-16
- Crosslake, Minnesota – July 5- 10, 2020, for children ages 8-16
- Burton, Texas – August 2-7, 2020, for children ages 8-16
- Andover, Connecticut – August 9-15, 2020, for children ages 8-16
- Millville, Pennsylvania – August 15-21, 2020, for children ages 8-16
- Washington - August 24-28, 2020